Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Natural No-No!


Before & After




Sooooo.... I had my first natural hair disaster. But I must say, I set myself up for it. This past Friday, I went out with my girls for a night out on the town "Whoo-Hooo", ya know! I even left work a smidgen early so I could have time to get it together. lol. I decided I was going to wear my "getum' girl" green dress that I stole from my line sister. hahah=]So, I came home b/c I needed to nair n do my hair! lol Got home, fed n walked the dog. Tried to take a nap but my 2 wasn't having it. So since she would not let me sleep in peace (kept calling), I decided to get up and start getting ready. I cannot TELL you how hard I worked on my head. I flat ironed the first section & thought, "wow this is going to be cute!" I kid you not, by the time I started the third section, the first one had began to turn into a mini-fro. I thought "maybe the flat iron wasn't ready yet when I did that section." So I proceeded to redo that section and the next and the next until I had literally flat ironed my whole head FOUR times. Finally, I looked decent. I proceeded to do a silk wrap (see link below on how to do)and moved on to phase two, nairing. Once I got out the shower and dressed, I attempted to unwrap my hair and it looked like I hadnt spent 3 hours already doing my head. I wanted to cry. I bumped the ends again and left since I was already 45 minutes late.
Mexican is always a great start of the evening. I walked in and all I could think was you betta gettum girl!!! I was working it OUT, hunny! Before I could get my foot in the door good this man said "can I buy you some beers?" For those of you that missed that, he said some beers not a beer. lol But anyone who knows me knows I'm a wine girl, so I sashayed' off! Idk why, but it was hot in that casa, and I said "O lord, I can feel it swelling!" I asked my girls does my hair look okay, and they were like yea, your straight!" We eat and we leave. We arrive at the club, and there was a line. I said if the Mexican restaurant didn't get me, this humidity is. I thought "Lord, spare me!" He allowed the line to move smoothly. I "said thank you lord! " BUT as soon as I hit the door.... i said as SOOON as I hit the door, I knew at that very moment that it was over for my homemade press!
When I tell you if felt like we had just entered hell, it did. I really wanted to cry now. Every five minutes I asked my friends, "is my hair okay.... no seriously is it okay?" They said "It's fine!" One of them had the nerve to say "It looks like its getting smaller!" Well luckily, the party was LAME bc it was severely over populated, and we left before 1am. On the way out of the club it was well lit and I kept running into people I knew and they all kept looking at me like I had something on my face but they didn't want to tell me. Shortly after passing through a plethora of future baby daddy's, I had the good fortune to pass by a mirror! I stood there in shock. I literally looked like I had been ELECTROCUTED! I looked like i had been as the commercial goes " fried, dyed, and blowdried...been through years of wear and tear. Ooh GIRL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?!?!?" I said OMG, get me out of here! I was so embarrassed, I actually thought about getting a perm. ha!
Everyday isnt going to be easy. I might have looked a mess last night with my natural, but I can remember PLENTY of days of looking a mess with my perm. However, one thing is for sure. straight hair is a big NO-NO for the club!

2 comments:

Memory said...

Girl, you have made laugh tonight!!!! I bet you will never do that again!! Funny lesson learned.

Gezuar said...

It all happens one day at a time right - and you put it right, whether relaxed or natural there will be bad nights either way so keep at it dear. Regardless of either, it's never been your hair that has made you the beautiful person that you are dear and it never will be - that has more to do with exactly what you entitled this blog...

Still though, stay motivated, keep at it, you'll master it, I know you can