Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Hidden Secret=]

I have fallen in love with something new that I think every woman should have at least one of. It transforms your body in ways you cannot even imagine. It smooths out those problem areas whether it love handles, jello or jam, cellulite, or the infamous genetically inherited pooch (my blessing). I'm sure that little bulge will come in handy one day as a comfy pillow for my future babies that will reside in there. However, as of right now, it is NOT my friend. It rears its ugly little head in almost every outfit and I have had enough. Crunches don't help and neither does dieting. I finally have came to the realization that I and the pooch are one, and I should embrace it!

It feels like since about the age of 12, my mother has been trying to force me into a girdle. And I thought "Good Lord Mother! I'm 12!" A little exaggeration on my part but not much=] So now that time has come, that I have really developed into a woman. Everyday I look in the mirror, and I'm like "OMG where did that come from?!" I think I was athletically skinny most of my life and then one day I woke up and I was FULLY developed! No complaints on my behalf, I just wish I didn't have my pooch.

Being a cheerleader and knowing a lot of professional cheerleaders and models has shined a bright light on my head. Almost ALL of these women have a modern day girdle, a Spanx or some other brand of body shaper. I had very ignorant thoughts about them, but now I have been liberated. All types of women wear them, and I have been missing OUT, hunny! I don't wear this thing everyday, just on days where I will be wearing something a little clingy or form fitting. It really is NOT a girdle and it does not alter your body, it just smooths out your curves so your clothes can fit neatly. If you do not have one, I encourage you to do so!

No comments: