Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hair Regimen

Natural Curls style. Tresseme products used (see details below)
Two Strand Twist dont with Olive Oil Eco styler Gel (see details below)

Here is what I currently do to my hair:

1. I condition my hair approximately once a week. Sometimes twice if my hair is super dry. I shampoo maybe twice a month.
* Products- Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap and Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner.
** Process- I like to start by applying a cheapy conditioner into my hair before even wetting my hair to start the hydration process. This makes a huge difference. I feel like it gets the hair follicle open to receive the real moisture, which comes from water. I wash that out then proceed with shampoo or conditioner. (note:sometimes I dont shampoo and only condition).

I cannot afford to use the Olive Oil Conditioner everytime I condition, so I substitute it for a cheap one sometime. I like Aussie Moist or Hello Hydration by Herbal Essence. Both cheapies and both get your hair instantly moisturized.

2. I recently started following up my wash with about 1 -1/1/2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I use to do this when I had a perm and it worked miracles. I decided to start back doing it since my hair has been a little dry and it has solved the problem.
** Process: I only would do this after a shampoo and conditioning. After shampooing & conditioning, I pour 1 tbsp of Olive oil in a cup and drizzle it on my wet hair all over. I massage it in, and lightly rinse it through with warm water. I rinse it just enough to move the oil better thoughout my hair NOT to rinse it out.

3. Styling: I am not a wash-n-go'er. My hair needs extra attention to get it to look the way I like it. My main styling product if I am just going to wear natural curls is gel. I like that if gives my hair the hold that it needs to last at least 4 days without me having to redo it.

***Products: I am in love with Tresseme Bouncy Curls styling gel. I prep my hair with Tresseme Curl Hydration moiturizer and follow with the gel. What I love even more is that you can buy both of these products for less than 7 bucks combined at target. I shingle bothproducts through.


Style 2: Two strand twist: I often wear my hair like this bc it gives me a week free of hair drama and allows me to style my hair in neat and professional styles. (I will post a pic of it too!)

*** Products- Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel or ProStyle Conditioning Jam with Echincea. If I want my twist to be long and frizz free, I go with Eco styler. note: twist will be a little harder initially once dry. If I want soft twist with flexible hold, I go with the ProStyle Jam. Both products leave the hair extremely shiny, just variations in hold. I could easily get 2 weeks out this style but I am a frizz-freak and must redo my hair at least once a week.

Thats all for now. Much More to Come. Stay Tuned for Product Reviews and More Hair styling tips!

(please excuse typos)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this informations!